RJT Solicitors

We are passionate about representing the client’s best interests and are committed to making a positive difference by providing excellent legal services

Contact us to book your 30 minute free consultation


Yes, they are. To qualify as a solicitor you are required to study law and work as a trainee for a total period of 6 years before qualifying.

A significant number of firms employ people who have not got the qualifications or the experience to run a case from start to finish to achieve the best possible outcome for the client. RJT Solicitors pride themselves in providing a professional and approachable service to their clients in the knowledge that all work is undertaken by a fully qualified solicitor.

Before they release funds, banks and building societies will often need a Grant of Probate (if there is a Will) or Letters of Administration (if there is no Will). If a person who has died owned a house in their own name, a Grant will be needed to sell the house. Generally speaking, if you have a house in your own name and/or have assets in the bank of more than £5000 you will need to go through Probate.

This means that the Executors of your Will if you have made one, will have to send the Will to the Probate Registry with an Affidavit telling the Probate Registry who they are and what your estate is worth. A Probate Judge will then grant them Probate to the Will. The Grant of Probate is what your Executors will need to collect your assets.

We provide 30 minutes free advice and will discuss the likely costs of your case. We will ask you to make a payment on account and will bill you monthly so you are not surprised by a bill of costs at the end of the case.

Yes. The owner of premises open to the public has a legal duty to ensure that you are safe from slips, falls and trips when walking on their property. If their negligence has caused you to injure yourself then you may be able to claim compensation.

We can claim compensation for your pain and suffering, together with any financial losses such as loss of income or costs involved in you receiving medical treatment for your injury.

If your query is something that we at RJT are unable to help you with then we will advise you on who can best assist and help you with this.

Cases are unique to our clients and we will discuss with you our up front prices based on a general fee structure, as follows:

  • Personal Injury Cases – No win no fee agreement
  • Family Law – pre-agreed fixed fee or agreed hourly rate
  • Wills & Lasting Power of Attorney – agreed fixed fee starting from £150.00 for a basic will; £276.00 for basic mirror wills; Lasting Power of Attorney £420 per power; £792 for both powers plus the registration fee which is currently £82 per power
  • Probate – charged on an hourly rate based on case assessment
  • Oaths, Affidavits & Statutory Declarations – £5 per oath administered plus £2 per exhibit

All charges include vat

Yes. Accidents that occur at work are today, sadly all too frequent events. For example, falls in the workplace, inadequate or defective safety equipment, operating machinery and the negligent acts of a fellow worker.

RJT Solicitors can obtain compensation for you which includes recovering any loss of earnings as a result of the injury, money for the injury itself and can provide access to specialist care and rehabilitation.

You can start divorce proceedings as long as you have been married for at least 12 months and you can demonstrate a strong enough connection to the country in which you are looking to get divorced. There is one ground for divorce and that is the irretrievable breakdown of a marriage. There are five ways to prove this breakdown:

  • Adultery
  • Unreasonable Behaviour
  • Desertion
  • Two years separation with agreement to divorce
  • Five years separation where no agreement to divorce is needed

RJT Solicitors, your friendly and approachable family solicitor

Contact us to book your 30 minute free consultation